About Our Governors
Our Governing Body is made up of an elected group of parents, church members (Foundation) , school staff and local authority personnel who give their time voluntarily. The Governing Body’s role within the school is to oversee the running of the school, provide strategic direction and to support the Head Teacher and staff in the effective management and performance of the school within our safe and caring theologically rooted Christian vision.
Our school Governing Body is made up of members under the four categories of: Foundation Governors, Staff Governors, Local Authority Governor and Parent Governors. Please visit our Meet the Governors to learn more about the team. We currently have 2 Foundation Governor Vacancies, one of which is for the incumbent minister/priest in charge at St Oswald's church, Winwick.
Some of the responsibilities our governors include:
• Setting and monitoring targets for pupil achievement and attainment.
• Managing the school’s finances, the building and its resources.
• Agreeing and monitoring the school’s Curriculum within the National guidelines.
• The appointment of staff.
• Monitoring of staff performance and pay.
• Ensuring that the school adopts and delivers on its strategic plan that is developed and rooted within our Christian vision and culture.
If you would like to know more about becoming a School Governor you can find out more by visiting https://www.gov.uk/become-school-college-governor
Please contact the school office on 01925 630995 if you would like to speak to a member of our school Governing Body.
Governor Communications and General Information