School Closure Information
Coronavirus (Covid-19) - SCHOOL CLOSURE
From Friday 20.03.20, Winwick CE Primary School will be closed until further notice, as required by the Government, due to the current global situation with the Coronavirus (Covid-19).
Following school closure the school office will NOT be manned, if you need to contact the school, please email us on email@example.com. Please DO NOT contact us via telephone or leave an answer phone message. Thank you.
OPENING FOR KEY WORKERS
From Monday 23rd March 2020, the school will be open, only to those children who:
Although children may fit into the above criteria, Government advice is clear: if you are able to keep your child at home, safely, then you MUST do so.
If you feel your child fits into the above criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 8am on the morning your require your child to attend school so that we are able to ensure appropriate staff cover for the day. Thank you.
If you have any safeguarding concerns please call the MASH Team on 01925 443400 (9:00 – 5:00pm) or First Response Team for aged over 18 is 01925 443322
Out of Hours - Emergency number for WBC - 01925 444400
Please see the different class pages/individual home learning pages for activities and guidance for supporting your child with their learning at home. In addition to this, the children can access Purple Mash, TTRockstars and SumDog (Spelling & Maths) and for Reception - Evidence Me.
New home learning pages will be turned on at the beginning of each week to provide you with new activities. Please feel free to use these how you see fit. There are also a range of other education programmes and websites that you can access - we will update different sections of our website to signpost you to these. We appreciate that you may also be working from home and/or have other demands on your time; we do not expect you to try and provide children with the same educational opportunities that they would be getting if school were open as normal. All we ask is that you try and keep the children in some form of a routine and ensure that they have regular opportunities to read. Our learning resources and provided to support you but please do not feel under any pressure; we know that we are in challenging times.
If your children are struggling with activities from their own year group, why not try looking at the year group below?
Weeks beginning 6th April and 13th April: These would be our usual Easter holidays. We do not expect children to complete any home learning - take the time to be together and cherish this time as a family. We will not be turning on any new weeks of home learning during this time, however, there are still lots of resources on the website should you wish to use them.
- 20.05.20 Parent Letter from WBC.pdf
- 18.05.20 Home Learning Update.pdf
- 14.05.20 Letter to Reception-Year 1-Year 6 Parents.pdf
- 11.05.20 Home Learning Update & School Opening Response.pdf
- 11.05.20 - Year 6 Letter SATs Week.pdf
- 04.05.20 Home Learning Update.pdf
- April 2020 - Reading Plus - Parent Letter (Y2 to Y6).pdf
- 20.04.20 Home Learning Update.pdf
- 02.04.20 - FSM Information Letter.pdf
- 01.04.20 - Easter Holidays Letter.pdf
- 01.04.20 - School Ping Update.pdf
- 30.03.20 - Parents Evening Letter.pdf
- 30.03.20 - Home Learning Update Letter.pdf
- 20.03.20 Provision of Care During School Closure.pdf
- 18.03.20 Coronavirus Update - School Closure.pdf
- 17.03.20 Coronavirus Update - Home Learning.pdf
- 13.02.20 - Coronavirus - Parent Update Letter.pdf
- 28.02.20 - Coronavirus Parent Letter.pdf